Pascoe Vale Girls College
Welcome to the Pascoe Vale Girls College website. We hope it provides you with an insight into the range of programs on offer, the talent and achievements of our students and the vibrant life of the College.
Pascoe Vale Girls College is committed to creating a learning community that inspires students to achieve both in the classroom and through engagement in an extensive co-curricular program which enhances their school experience.
Pascoe Vale Girls College, established in 1956, is a State government 7-12 secondary school for girls in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. Our 1200 students are drawn from a wide geographical area and a diversity of cultural and language backgrounds.
The College's motto "Virtue kindles Strength" encapsulates the traditions of the College from the earliest days to the present.
As a girls only school our vision is " Empowering Young Women" with a commitment to providing students with the opportunity to succeed as learners and as competent and confident citizens who can make a valuable contribution to a global society.
Research reported by the Alliance of Girls Schools Australasia, indicates that girls only schools encourage and provide:
- access to all leadership opportunities
- achievement of greater academic success
- greater confidence and assertiveness
- an aspirational environment for the study of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) at school and university
- an environment in which girls can express themselves freely and frequently and develop higher order thinking skills.