As part of the Year 9 Curriculum, students participate in a City Experience program. The program runs in the final two weeks of terms two and three. Each form will attend the City Experience for five days. During the City Experience week students will participate in a range of themed trails in the C.B.D., collect data for their group research project and visit the Eureka Tower.
The focus of the City Experience program is to broaden students “real life” learning experiences beyond their immediate environment.
The aims of the program are to:
- Offer students a stimulating and challenging learning environment
- Extend student engagement
- Develop new skills and responsibilities
- Promote independent learning
- Appreciate problems and opportunities provided by the city
- Investigate the diversity of city lifestyle and culture, as well as some of the city’s problems
- Provide opportunities to develop initiative and work effectively in a team
- Research a hypothesis and present findings to an audience
- Promote confidence and independence
- Enhance social awareness