An effective education will always be a partnership between home and school. The college endeavours to involve parents in a variety of ways. Parental involvement is fostered through parent information evenings, parent/teacher interviews, and online via the Compass School Portal and the College Newsletter. Parents are also active members of the College Council.
The College Council plays a very important role in the organisation of our school. Elections are conducted annually early in the year.
Responsibilities of College Council include:
- Developing the Strategic Plan (College vision, values, context, goals, targets and key improvement strategies for a 4 year period)
- Approving the Annual Budget (the financial plan for the calendar year)
- Establishing and reviewing policies
- Ensuring that the school's grounds and facilities are maintained
- Entering into contracts eg. cleaning
- Promoting the school within the community
- Representing the College at events including the College Awards Night