PVGC PULSE

Lions Club of Glenroy

Lions Club of Glenroy’ Diabetes Awareness half day event will be held on Saturday 25th October from 9am to 1:30pm at Glenroy Neighbourhood Learning Centre 2B Cromwell Street, Glenroy.

There will be free testing for Diabetes, Community Stalls, Chair Aerobics, Line Dancing demonstrations, Thai Chi and Face Painting.

Contact Rosemary on 0419514587 for more information

RAIL TO ITALY 2020

Dreaming of an escape to Italy? Delicious food, exquisite art and culture and a step back into history…

Make your dreams a reality!

This is an amazing opportunity PVGC is offering to ALL students in year 10 and 11 2020 who want to participate in an overseas learning experience. 

For further information please feel free to contact Ms Tomat at the College.

Please download the below files for more information

“Made of Stars” School Spectacular

“Made of Stars”, staged on the 14th of September with over 3000 participating Victorian state school students, performed and showcased their incredible talent at Melbourne Arena in the Victorian State Schools Spectacular 2019. I, Senara Wijesuriya 8A performed amongst the shining stars of VSSS, proudly representing Pascoe Vale Girls College.

The Victorian State Schools Spectacular is a 3 hour musical show running annually, allowing students all over Victoria to perform and celebrate the achievements made throughout the year. VSSS offers opportunities to not only participate, but thrive in areas such as singing, dancing, playing an instrument or even BMX riding! Not only do they offer opportunities in the arts, but also audio engineering, lighting, backstage infrastructure, make up crew and much more for any state school student who wishes to be part of something so incredible and well known.

This year, I was one of the violinists in the 80 piece orchestra playing musical backing for singing and dancing. The orchestra included a variety of instruments such as the sweet and delicate string family, loud and powerful brass section, amazing woodwind and mind blowing percussion and rhythm sections. In addition, the Australian native Didgeridoo, was also presented in a few items.

Being part of the VSSS orchestra was a phenomenal experience and really advanced my knowledge in music and violin. Being in such a friendly environment, surrounded by extraordinary people with the same talent and interest as me during rehearsals and on stage gave me great confidence and created lots of happiness.

The bonds and friendships that were made in preparation for the show and process of learning all the items will be memories I can cherish and treasure for the rest of my musical journey and my life. This show, is truly spectacular and it was an honour, having the opportunity to participate and perform alongside with beautiful artists of the present and the future.

I would like to thank the Head of Music at PVGC, Mr Rosa and our principal Ms Peddle for making this experience possible and my wonderful parents for supporting me along the way. 

Senara Wijesuriya 8A

Junior Debating

Congratulations to Anushka Siena and Chloe for their first debate Brunswick Secondary School. The 2019 Junior Debating team is off to a strong start!

Rephract – Telescopes in Schools

This Tuesday we held our last night-time viewing session for the year.

Well done to those students who have been working towards gaining their telescope licence. You have done a stellar job in learning how to set up and use the telescope.

Thank you to everyone who has come and participated in the program in some way this year.